MEOPAR will bring together a team of outstanding Canadian researchers dedicated to anticipating and responding to marine hazards and rapidly changing risk patterns for coastal communities, industry and ecosystems alike.
MEOPAR will help Canada reduce its vulnerability and exposure to new hazards while enabling us to more rapidly respond to marine emergencies.
- The government of Canada is providing $25 million over five years to support this Network of Centres of Excellence (NCE).
- Scientific Director Douglas Wallace will lead the MEOPAR network, based at Dalhousie University.
- MEOPAR will bring together a variety of national and international organizations from academia, all levels of government, the insurance industry, the oil and gas industry, marine technology firms and coastal community organizations.
- MEOPAR’s research partnerships will lead to risk assessment and response mechanisms and technologies that will be of direct value for industries, government and communities concerned with marine safety and responsibility.
- The MEOPAR Network will train specialists and mobilize knowledge to make our relationship with the oceans safer and more sustainable – for the benefit of Canadians, from sea to sea to sea.
For more information please visit MEOPAR Webpage.