Researchers within humanities, natural and social sciences can are apply for SSEESS seed grants under the “Research Links 2015” programme: SEK 90 000 (ca €10 000) can go towards cost related to networking activities, such as visits between the partners, seminars, workshops, and joint publishing/proposal writing activities.
Deadline for submission is on 31 January 2015.
The main applicant must:
- be affiliated with a Swedish research institute,
- do research on Global Environmental Change (GEC) issues, and
- collaborate with researchers from developing countries on regional priorities identified by ICSU Regional Offices (at least one scientist from Sweden and a partner from the region in concern).
In consultation with ICSU Regional Offices of ICSU, SSEESS identified the four following research topics:
- Global environmental change including climate change and adaptation
- Urban health and wellbeing in a changing environment
- Sustainable energy
- Natural and human induced hazards and disaster risk management
These topics also fall within the broad framework of three Future Earth research themes (Dynamic Planet; Global Sustainable Development; and Transformations to Sustainability).
Within the theme of hazards and disaster risk management, the following topic is specifically recommended for Asia by the ICSU Regional Office for the Asia and Pacific region: “Building resilience and reducing vulnerability of the communities of the marginal seas of East Asia”.
For more information about the grant and how to apply, see SSEESS website.