In this issue of the IRDR Newsletter, we feature IRDR at the 3rd UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (3rd WCDRR) with highlights on the strong recognition of science for DRR in the Sendai Framework for Action. During the 3rd WCDRR, IRDR was involved in the planning and delivery of most of the conference segments including a public forum focusing on the role of science in DRR held last 15 March in Sendai, Japan.
This issue also covers the Working Groups Activities (AIRDR, DATA, FORIN and RIA), IRDR International Centres of Excellence (ICoEs), National Committees (NCs) and Science Committees (SC), network and partnership highlights, activities of IRDR host institutions in China, new publications, opportunities and events.
Contents of Vol. 6 No. 2 (February-April 2015):
- IRDR at the 3rd UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction
– Sendai Framework for Action with strong recognition of science for DRR
– Science and Technology 4+2 formula for implementing SFA
– Former SC Member Allan Lavell receives 2015 Sasakawa Award for DRR
– IRDR’s Public Forum focused on the Role of Science in DRR
– IRDR activities at 3rd UN WCDRR
- IRDR Working Group Activities
- IRDR International Centres of Excellence (ICoEs)
- IRDR National Committees (NCs)
- IRDR Science Committee Members (SC)
- Network and Partnerships
- IRDR Co-Sponsors Activities of Host Institution RADI