Disaster Risk Reduction: A Road of Opportunities
We would like to share with you a call for submission of policy briefs / articles for the DRR Edition of the Youth Science-Policy Interface Publication coordinated by the UN Major Group for Children & Youth.
The publication/magazine seeks to capture and promote the role of young people in sharing knowledge of evidence-informed best practices, discussing the role of science/technology/engineering, identifying emerging trends (challenges and opportunities), and communicating solutions for the implementation, monitoring, follow-up and review of Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
This an open call for all interested people 30 years or below to submit a policy brief / article to be included in the DRR Edition. All articles will be peer reviewed for content and format before it is included in the magazine.
Deadline for submitting is April 9th !
This version of the Youth SPI Publication will take the form of a magazine, containing a series of brief articles highlighting important topics and trends within the cycle of disaster prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery, with the goal of presenting it at UNISDR Global Platform on DRR in Mexico on May 22-26, 2017.
The themes of the publication include, but are not limited to, the four priority areas of the SFDRR:
- Priority 1: Understanding disaster risk.
- Priority 2: Strengthening disaster risk governance to manage disaster risk.
- Priority 3: Investing in disaster risk reduction for resilience.
- Priority 4: Enhancing disaster preparedness for effective response and to “Build Back Better”
Criteria for Submission:
– All submission must be authored or co-authored by someone 30 years or below.
– All submissions to the SPI journal must be in English.
– All submissions must be uploaded through this form or sent by email to email@example.com
– All submission must be below 2000 words (above 1000), including title and text in figures, follow suggested format here.
– Citations should be done using footnotes with MLA Format. Text references should be in inserted using numerical superscripts.
– Please use 12-point, Cambria Font for submissions on word using two columns per page.
The publication will be online. In case resources are available, printed versions will be distributed.
We look forward to receiving your submissions soon! Please don’t hesitate to direct any and all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE share widely with your networks of young scientists, engineers, practitioners, and other who may be interested in contributing!
UN MGCY SPI Coordination Team
UN MGCY GPDRR Organizing Committee