The second IRDR conference will take place at the Beijing International Convention Center (BICC) from 7 to 9 June 2014. Situated in northern Beijing, BICC is ideally located for those attending this year’s conference, being just 25km from the Beijing Capital International Airport, and in very close proximity to the hotels, which the Organising Committee has reserved rooms for conference participants: the Beijing North Star Continental Grand Hotel and the Huiyuan Media Village Hotel.
BICC’s Facilities and Services
As a member of International Association of Congress Centers (AIPC) and the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA), BICC is especially designed for conferences and exhibitions. BICC’s total building space is 68,802.54 square meters, comprising 16 conference halls and meeting rooms, serving a wide variety of meeting purposes, and accommodating 10 to 2,300 participants.
The conference facilities at BICC include:
- Simultaneous interpretation systems*
- Television projection systems
- Acoustic system
- Multi-track stereophonic sound pana-vision projection systems
- Various types of high brightness epidiascopes and projectors
- Recording systems
* We will only provide simultaneous translations, from English to Chinese, during the Opening Ceremony only.
Wireless internet access will be provided free of charge in the conference area.
To go to BICC, you may print and show this card to the taxi driver: