- 10-12 November 2014 (Paris, France): Advancing the FORIN Perspective and Methodology: The Next Generation.
- 24-25 February (Mexico City, Mexico): International Seminar on FORIN, hosted by the Institute of Geography of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) in Mexico City, Mexico. The report on this workshop is now available for download. Click here for the report [PDF 863 kB].
This International Seminar was the follow-up to the International Workshop on FORIN Associated with Landslides, held from 24 June to 5 July 2013.
- 15 November (Sanya, China): FORIN session at the International Workshop on Disaster Risk and Mitigation hosted by IRDR China.
- 7-9 October (Las Vegas, USA): Presentation given by SC member, Djillali Benouar, at the 2nd International Conference on Forensic Research and Technology. The presentation is titled “Forensic Disaster Investigations (FORIN), a new approach to learn lessons from disasters: A case study of the 2001 Algiers (Algeria) flood and debris flow.”
- 21-23 August (Kunming, Yunnan Province, China): Presentation given on FORIN by SC member and FORIN project co-chair, Anthony Oliver-Smith, at the International Conference on Anthropological Studies on Hazards and Disasters.
- 24 June – 5 July (Chiapas, Mexico): International Workshop on Forensic Investigations of Disasters (FORIN) Associated with Landslides. The report on this workshop is now available for download. Click here for the report [PDF 1.03MB].
- 12-19 March (Taipei, China): 2012 Advanced Institute on Forensic Investigations of Disasters (FORIN). This eight-day intensive training event was organised by the IRDR ICoE in Taipei and the Global Change System for Analysis, Research and Training (START), together with IRDR International, ICSU and Taiwan’s National Science and Technology Center for Disaster Reduction (NCDR). Funding for the Institute was provided by the IRDR ICoE in Taipei.
- 8-11 March (California, USA): FORIN Seminar held at first IUGG GRC Conference on “Extreme Natural Hazards and Their Impacts”
- October: Publication of IRDR FORIN Report No. 1, Forensic Investigations of Disasters: The FORIN Project
- 22-23 October 2010 (Geneva, Switzerland): Second meeting of the ad hoc working group to continue developing the FORIN approach and preparations for implementation. A report on this meeting was presented to the Scientific Committee (SC) at its fourth meeting held in Beijing, China from 15-17 November 2010.
- September/October: Publication of article by Ian Burton on FORIN in the September/October 2010 issue of Environment Magazine, Forensic Disaster Investigations in Depth: A New Case Study Model. Environment: Science and Policy for Sustainable Development, Vol. 52 No. 5, pp. 36-41.
- 1-4 February (Toronto, Canada): First meeting of the ad hoc working group on the development of case studies – the eventual FORIN methodology – as one of the initial steps in the development of the IRDR programme. A report on this meeting was presented to the Scientific Committee (SC) at its third meeting held in Paris, Italy from 14-16 April 2010.