- 9–13 December (Christchurch and Wellington, New Zealand): World Social Science Seminar on “Risk Interpretation and Action: Decision-making under conditions of uncertainty” as part of the World Social Science Fellows Programme
- 15 November (Sanya, China): RIA session at the International Workshop on Disaster Risk and Mitigation hosted by IRDR China.
- 13-16 July (Boulder, Colorado): “Risk Communication and Decision Making” Session at the 38th Annual Natural Hazards Research and Applications Workshop
- 17-19 June (Trondheim, Norway): Session at the Society for Risk Analysis-Europe’s (SRA-E) 2013 annual conference: “Natural hazards: risk interpretation and action.”
- 16-17 May (London, England): Risk Interpretation and Action: An agenda setting workshop to better integrate behavioural, social science and practitioner approaches to knowledge and learning in resilience building for disaster risk management (King’s College London, )
A report on this Workshop is now available for download.
- October: Publication of review article in the International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction:Eiser, J.R., Bostrom, A., Burton, I., Johnston, D.M., McClure, J., Paton, D., van der Pligt, J. and White, M.P. (2012). Risk interpretation and action: A conceptual framework for responses to natural hazards. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, Vol. 1, pp. 5-16.
- October: Publication of IRDR RIA Report No. 1, Risk Interpretation and Action: A Conceptual Framework for Research in the Context of Natural Hazards