About WG SERA
In January 2012, the IRDR and the World Weather Research Programme (WWRP) of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) signed a working arrangement to, among other things, “jointly support the activities of the Working Group on Societal and Economic Research and Applications (WG SERA) of the WWRP for which the research priorities include:
- Estimation of the societal (including economic) value of weather and disaster risk reduction information;
- Understanding and improving the use of weather-related hazard information in decision making;
- Understanding and improving the communication of weather-related hazard information and forecast uncertainty;
- Development of user-relevant verification methods; and
- Development of decision support systems and tools.”
The SERA Working Group is co-chaired by representatives from both IRDR and WWRP. Close collaboration and joint efforts are to be developed with the other IRDR projects.